Thursday, February 5, 2009

Breath of Explosion

I sit alone in the dark listening to the music my fingers create
and beyond the murmur of this beautiful piano
I hear a low roar as if a plane was sweeping the sky for clouds
I freeze myself in time and lie in silence
I look to the window as if it would help me to hear the roar better
out of the corner of my eye I see my over used water bottle
the water shows that it may be more than just a sound
the glass beings to dance while the pictures upon the wall fear
upon standing I make my move and pull back the curtains
through the thickening darkness created by the trees a light, two of them
moving slowly straight for the house in which I reside
I know what it is and my body fills with adrenaline and excitement
there was always a reason for the gun cabinet to always be unlocked and ready
they are coming and will not accept anything but the death of me
the boots now upon my feet and the jacket enclosing the holsters underneath
the cabinet fears for it now is lonely and has not but any company
impregnated holsters while my hands feel the cold clean feel of raw power
a crunch echoes across the midnight soaked lawn as the rock underneath makes contact
I find comfort in darkness for I am death itself and nothing short of a creature of night
lights shine across the cottage that held my protection against the day
the metal rolling creature opens releasing its deadly bastards that look to the moon
entering the house from all sides as if planned to ambush it backfires
unknowingly they walk into the monstrosity that I left specifically for them
the night becomes showered with a fiery display of orange and yellows
contrast becomes great as the once flying red and silver pieces now rest upon the green
my impression is left in the earth as I stand watching the demolition among the trees
nothing left but death allowing my journey to continue onward until first light

No comments: