Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Beyond Our Sight

here i sit alone all day. unable to breathe, all i do is stare. the white walls keep their distance as i have never been able to lean upon them. bits and pieces of voice filter in but i see no faces nor does it bring a smile about me. time has left with the ticking of its clock, its hands to carry something much more real. beyond my now claimed white walls, i see no more and never wanted to. when upon the sounds of tears i hear, an exit sign fades in and looms above a now visible crack in a wall. growing larger, it crumbles. standing up like i haven't in so long, i begin to make progress toward it. pausing and looking back, the room seems whiter now. i close my eyes for the last time and take my final step. the sensation of darkness surrounds me and numbs my body and brings about a silence to the pain.

No comments: